An Accounting Clerk is responsible for performing various accounting and financial tasks such as maintaining financial records, processing invoices, reconciling bank statements, and preparing financial reports. They work closely with other members of the accounting team to ensure accurate and timely financial information is recorded and reported. The role requires strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and proficiency in accounting software and spreadsheets. Accounting Clerks typically work in an office environment and may report to a senior accountant or accounting manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Record financial transactions and maintain accurate accounting records
- Prepare and process invoices, receipts, and payments
- Reconcile bank statements and other financial documents
- Assist with budget preparation and financial reporting
- Respond to inquiries from clients, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Maintain filing systems and ensure confidentiality of financial information
- Assist with payroll processing and other administrative tasks as needed
- Stay up-to-date with accounting principles and regulations
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure smooth operations of the accounting department.
Education & Training
- Associate's degree in accounting or a high school diploma with relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency in using accounting software and spreadsheets
- Familiarity with financial statements and reports
- Understanding of accounts payable and receivable processes
- Ability to reconcile accounts and resolve discrepancies
- Experience with data entry and record keeping
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.