A Helpdesk Specialist is responsible for providing technical support and assistance to end-users who are experiencing technical issues with their computer systems, software applications, or other technology-related problems. They are responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues, answering questions, and providing guidance to users. Helpdesk Specialists may work in a variety of settings, including corporate offices, government agencies, educational institutions, and healthcare facilities. They must have excellent communication skills, be able to work well under pressure, and have a strong understanding of computer systems and software applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to and resolve technical issues reported by end-users via phone, email, or in-person
- Provide excellent customer service and support to ensure user satisfaction
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, including desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices
- Install, configure, and maintain software applications and operating systems
- Create and manage user accounts and access permissions
- Monitor and maintain network and server systems to ensure optimal performance
- Document and track all support requests and resolutions in a ticketing system
- Collaborate with other IT staff to resolve complex issues and implement new technologies
- Train end-users on software and hardware usage and best practices
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends to provide the best possible support to end-users.
Education & Training
- Associate's degree in computer science or related field.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networking systems
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in providing technical support to end-users via phone, email, or in-person
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with ticketing systems and remote desktop tools
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in documenting and maintaining technical procedures and knowledge base articles.